ATLANTA (June 1, 2020) – Keen-Summit Capital Partners LLC (Keen-Summit) is pleased to announce the expansion of its presence in the Southeast with the formal addition of Jennifer Meyerowitz to Keen-Summit’s team. Ms. Meyerowitz, a senior bankruptcy, turnaround and restructuring professional, will be based in the firm’s Atlanta office. Ms. Meyerowitz brings Keen-Summit over 20 years of restructuring and bankruptcy experience.
Prior to joining Keen-Summit, Ms. Meyerowitz was a managing director at Keen-Summit’s partner, Summit Investment Management (Denver). “We are so excited to have Jennifer join our group and expand our network, expertise and capabilities. Jennifer is the consummate professional,” said Harold Bordwin, Keen-Summit’s Managing Director and Co-Principal.
Prior to that, Ms. Meyerowitz led the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Practice Group at Garden City Group (GCG), managing both the sales and operations teams. Before she joined GCG, Ms. Meyerowitz served in operations, business development, consulting and other leadership roles, including as a vice president for a global legal technology and services company, with responsibility for development, legal consulting and strategic communications, compliance and logistics, and case management functions for the company’s bankruptcy and restructuring settlement services. Ms. Meyerowitz began her career as a practicing attorney at Alston & Bird LLP where, for nearly 10 years, she represented debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, creditors’ committees, landlords and tenants, banks and trustees in complex workouts, debt restructurings, commercial litigation and chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings.
Ms. Meyerowitz earned her J.D. from Emory University and her B.A. from University of Michigan. She is an active participant in several industry organizations serving on their boards, speaking on panels and publishing industry articles. Ms. Meyerowitz is a former chair of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation and former chair and co-founder of its Georgia network. Ms. Meyerowitz currently serves on the boards of the American Bankruptcy Institute, the Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Advisors, on the global board of the Turnaround Management Association and is the co-chair of its Network of Women. Further, Ms. Meyerowitz is involved in various other professional organizations, including having served as a former chair of the Bankruptcy Section of the Atlanta Bar Association and currently serving on various boards and committees in the industry as well as other non-profit organizations in her community. She lives in Atlanta with her husband and three kids.
Notable Case Experience
- Bill’s Dollar Store
- Chrysler Corporation
- Delta Petroleum Company
- Energy Future Holdings Corp.
- HomeBanc Mortgage Corporation
- Ignite Restaurant Group
- Journal Register
- Lehman Brothers
- Louisiana Medical Center
- Optima Specialty Steel
- Sea Launch
- South Fulton Medical Center
- SRI Sports
- TLC Vision
- Woodbridge Group of Companies
- Emory University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A., with Distinction
- International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) – Past Chair and former Board Member and Co-Founder and Past Chair of IWIRC – Georgia Network
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) – Board Member, Past Chair and Board Member of the Advisory Board for ABI Southeast Conference, Board Member of Caribbean Insolvency Symposium and Past Chair of 40 Under 40 Steering Committee
- Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors (AIRA) – Board Member and Co-Chair of 2018 Annual Conference
- Secured Finance Network, Member
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA) – Global Board Member, Co-Chair TMA NOW and Awards Committee Member
- Bankruptcy Section of the Atlanta Bar – Past Chair and Past Board Member
Honors & Awards:
- Melnick Award for Outstanding IWIRC Member, April 2015
- M&A Advisors “Top 40 Under 40” 2012
- Georgia Super Lawyer “Rising Star” 2005, 2006
- “Legal Elite” Georgia Trend Magazine, 2006
- “One of the busiest bankruptcy lawyers in America” The Deal Magazine
- Volunteer of the Year Award, The Truancy Intervention Project of Georgia, 2009
- The Young Lawyer Award for the Anti-Defamation League, Nomination, 2007
- FM Bird Award, exemplary pro bono and community service, Alston & Bird, 2007
- “Privacy Protection and Data Security in Health Care-Related Bankruptcies,” ABI Journal, June 2018
- “Effective Use of a Call Center in Chapter 11 Cases,” ABI Journal, Co-Author, September 2013
- “A Dodd-Frank Living Wills Primer: What You Need to Know Now,” Co-Author, ABI Journal, August 2012
- “Buyer Beware: An Analysis of True Sale Issues,” 1 Pratt’s J. Bankr. L. 185 (2005), Co-Author
- “What Happens to the Seller of Contracts for the Sale of Goods,” 23 The Bankruptcy Strategist8 (June 2006), Co-Author
- Creating Connected Communities, Board Member, 2018 – Present
- Everybody Wins! Atlanta, Board Member and Vice President, 2004 – 2010
- Truancy Intervention Project, Board Member, 2012 – 2016; Attorney Volunteer – 1995 – Present
- Emory University School of Law, Mentorship Program, Alumni Mentor, 1999 – 2008
- Anti Defamation League, Alumni of Steinberg Glass Leadership Institute; Former Board Member
- The Epstein School, Board Member, Legal Committee, Annual Fund Chair, Volunteer, 2005 – 2020
- Congregation Or Hadash, Vice President & Board Member, 2006 – 2016
Keen-Summit Capital Partners LLC:
Since 1982 – for 38 years – Keen’s professionals have been successfully executing real estate and corporate finance transactions for financially challenged businesses and their creditors. With more than 175 years of combined experience (covering more than 3 billion square feet of real estate, constituting over $3 billion in transactions and encompassing more than 27,000 properties), the professionals at Keen offer their clients best-in-class lease restructuring services, real estate disposition, M&A and capital markets solutions. For more information about Keen-Summit Capital Partners LLC, call 646.381.9222 or visit www.keen-summit.com.
Summit Investment Management LLC:
Founded in 2002, Summit Investment Management LLC is a private investment company headquartered in Denver, Colorado. Since its inception, Summit has invested more than $1.5 billion in distressed debt acquisitions, balance sheet restructures of operating companies, special situation capital, bridge loans and joint ventures. For more information about Summit Investment Management LLC, call 720.221.3200 or visit www.summit-investment.com.