Secluded Adirondack Retreat
Own Your Own 280-Acre Private Hideway
2 Houses | 6 Cottages | Private Lakefront Property
1715 Big Brook Road, Indian Lake (Hamilton County), New York 12842
After nearly 40 years as a family vacation retreat, this estate property, known as “The Cabins at Chimney Mountain”, is now for sale to the discerning buyer seeking the ultimate escape. Located on a lake in the heart of the Adirondacks and yet only 4 hours north of New York City, this property will provide its owner with peace and solitude like no other property.
The privacy of this property is assured by the facts that:
- This is a remote location
- At the end of a cul-de-sac
- Surrounded by NYS wilderness
Of the 280+ acres, 18 acres are lakefront and improved with, among other things, two homes and six cottages. As the only private property on Kings Flow, the owner enjoys essentially a private lake. The state land surrounding Kings Flow is part of the NYS Siamese Ponds Wilderness area, a 114,010 acre mix of mountains and waters. See https://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/53172.html.
For anglers, Kings Flow teems with largemouth bass, yellow perch, white sucker, rock bass, black bullhead, and sunfish. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_Flow.
The current owners use this property for summer vacations, fall hunting trips, hiking and winter skiing at Gore Mountain (24 miles to the East); and rent the cottages throughout the year.
This sale encompasses:
- 280+ acres
- 8 residential buildings (aggregating 30 bedrooms, 14 bathrooms and 12,500 sq. ft), consisting of:
- 2 single-family homes in move-in condition, plus
- 6 cottages,
- a barn filled with tractors and related equipment,
- all personal property in the cabins,
- select personal property in the two homes,
- water supply from 2 on-site wells, and
- back-up electric from 2 standby generators
- Artie's House: Built in 1990, this 2,500 sq. ft. contemporary 5 bedrooms/2.5 bath residence includes a kitchen, living/dining area, stone fireplace, with oil furnace and hot water baseboard heat.
- Vic's House: Built in 1987, renovated in 2016, this 1,760 sq. ft. 5 bedrooms/2.5 bath Lincoln Log home includes a kitchen and great room with oil furnace.
- Sugar House: One of the original cabins, rebuilt in the 1980’s, this 530 sq. ft. cabin 1 bedroom/1 bath cabin includes a fireplace.
- Commissary w/ 3 separate units: One of the original cabins, renovated in the 1980’s, this 2,620 sq. ft. building includes 3 units, each has 2 bedrooms/1 bath, living room and kitchen.
- Main House: 1,420 sq. ft. cabin has 2 bedrooms/1 bath, plus a loft bedroom, with a living room and kitchen.
- Hemlock: Built in 2008, this 1,760 sq. ft. cabin has 4 bedrooms/2 bath, with a living room and kitchen.
- Beechnut: 910 sq. ft. cottage has 3 bedrooms/1 bath with a fireplace, living room and kitchen.
- Lakeside: 1,000 sq. ft. cottage has 3 bedrooms/1 bath with a fireplace, living room and kitchen.