Organic Avenue and all of its assets, including its leased real estate; fixtures, machinery & equipment; intellectual property; etc. is being offered for sale as a turnkey package or in parts.
Keen-Summit Capital Partners is soliciting bids for any of the following transaction structures:
• Sale of business as a turnkey opportunity
• Sale of retail and/or commissary leases in a bulk or individual basis
• Sale of Intellectual Property (i.e., trademark, trade name, website, customer lists, etc.)
• Sale of furniture, fixtures, machinery and equipment
Organic Avenue (or the “Company”) was once the premier grab-and-go destination for organic, plant-based meals and snacks, providing customers with a diverse menu of both hot and cold organic foods available for casual in-store dining or takeout including breakfast, lunch and light dinner options. Building upon the Organic Avenue’s 14-year roots as a leader in the cold-pressed juice industry, the Company made healthy eating easily accessible and delicious.
Organic Avenue had implemented a multi-channel retail strategy supported primarily by its retail stores. In addition, the Company had established a direct-to-consumer e-commerce business as well a variety of wholesale relationships with notable restaurants and sports clubs.
The Company employed approximately 110 people in the retail stores and 120 in the commissary.
Extraordinary opportunity to establish immediate presence, with 10 stores, in prime Manhattan locations
o Strategically located throughout New York City with many stores situated in areas with high office density
Established/Turnkey Operation: 14 year business with brand recognition, high customer loyalty and broad customer demographic.
Established and growing market for healthy, organic food.
Accelerated growth of the fast casual segment:
o The fast casual restaurant segment is expected to grow faster than the overall restaurant industry; consumers want high quality meals at lower price points than fine dining establishments.
o The segment has tripled its market share in the last decade to approximately 6% of restaurants.
No dominant players in the market: The specialty food retail industry is especially fragmented, and in the absence of major players, the industry is characterized by a large number of small players, roughly 70% of which employ four or fewer employees.
Established and strategically located commissary in Long Island City, NY.
List of Properties
- Astor Place - 30 3rd Avenue (@ 9th Street)
- Bleeker - 640 Broadway (62 Bleeker Street)
- Bryant Park - 1065 Avenue of the Americas (5 Bryant Park)
- Chelsea - 261 W 21st Street (216 8th Ave)
- Commissary - 43-46 10th St/43-43 9th St/43-43 9th St, Long Island City
- Hudson - 515 Hudson St
- Midtown East - 649 Lexington Ave &136 E 55th St)
- Park Avenue South - 254 Park Ave S (@ 21st St)
- Upper East Side - 1021 Lexington Ave (@73rd Street)
- Upper East Side II - 206 E 86th St
- Upper West Side - 461-469 Amsterdam Ave (@ 82nd Street)
- Warehouse - 10-01 45th Road, Long Island City